How Cash Passport works
- The Multi-currency Cash Passport is a prepaid travel money card, giving you access to your money anywhere that MasterCard® is accepted.
- You can load multiple currencies on a single card. There are 9 currencies available (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD).
- You can lock in exchange rates before you travel.
- You can use your card both online and in store.
- Your Multi-currency Cash Passport card can be used at any ATM displaying the MasterCard logo, including shops and restaurants that accept MasterCard.
- Your Multi-currency Cash Passport card will generally be activated within two business hours of collection.
- You can reload your card easily online, topping up your foreign currency from anywhere in the world.
- Your Multi-currency Cash Passport card is protected via 24/7 assistance, CHIP + PIN security and MasterCard network.
- Please see the PDS for details on fees and charges associated with your travel money.
Get more from your travel card
- Utilise your prepaid travel card like an international credit card, except only spend the funds you have pre-loaded.
- Take advantage of the added security of using a prepaid card abroad, separating your foreign spending from your everyday accounts.
- Shop online securely using the relevant foreign currency. Save money with no International ATM fees*.
- Load multiple currencies onto your card as required. You can store up to 9 currencies on the single card.
- Top your card up whenever you like#. Take advantage of strong or weak foreign currencies, helping you buy currency at known exchange rates for future use.
- You don't need to carry cash when travelling. No International ATM fees* grants you the freedom to withdraw money only as you need it. No cash, no worries.
Upon return, choose to either keep your Multi-currency Cash Passport card active or simply cash out.
Cash Passport help centre
- Your Multi-currency Cash Passport Card will generally be activated within two (2) business hours of collection.
- You can use your Multi-currency Cash Passport Card at any ATM displaying the MasterCard® logo, as well as MasterCard merchants including shops and restaurants.
- The Card can also be used online at merchants that accept MasterCard.
- Simply keep your Multi-currency Cash Passport Card for your next trip.
- Your Multi-currency Cash Passport Card is valid until the date shown on the front of the Card.
- Until then, you can load it with additional funds as
often as you like (up to the reload limits).
Alternatively, you can choose to close your Card account
Find out more
- How much should I load on my Multi-currency Cash Passport Card?
- How do I check the balance on my card?
- What should I do with my Multi-currency Cash Passport Card after the trip?
Our cardholders say
- "Cash Passport was brilliant! It made perfect sense to use the Multi-currency Cash Passport when travelling through the UK and Europe. This meant I could conveniently load both British pounds and Euros onto the one card. An easy way to manage my travel money." Kate McGrory, Sydney, NSW
- "Thank you for this great facility. We have had no trouble with using it at ATM machines in Canada and also for shop purchases. It is certainly a great way to have access to holiday funds without the worry of carrying about a lot of cash" Yvonne, NZ
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Multi-currency Cash PassportTM Prepaid MasterCard Currency Card.
Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386
837) arranges for the issue of the Cash Passport in conjunction
with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024,
AFSL/ACL 240 984). Australian Postal Corporation is an authorised
seller of the Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard
You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
The prevailing exchange rate is locked in for the initial load value only. Subsequent card reloads will be processed at the then prevailing exchange rate on the day of the reload transaction, and will be locked in at that rate.
* Some ATM operators may charge an additional withdrawal fee.
^ Offer excludes Australian dollar purchases.